Thursday 27 December 2012

Canon 7d

Canon 7d

I bought a Canon 7D in December, and have used it for some tough bird in flight (BIF) shooting, as well as for perched but flighty songbirds. My hope for the 7D was that I finally had a camera that could nail a high percentage of BIF shots, images that my primary camera, the Canon 5D Mark II, had difficulty. The 7D does indeed have faster auto-focus than the 5D on all points, and that combined with the dense pixel array (18MP on a 1.6x sensor) and 8 frames/sec shutter speed make it a formidable BIF shooter. At the same time, the 1.6x crop factor and the dense pixel array make exacting field technique all the more important for sharp images. With the 7D, I’m getting on the bird faster, and I’m getting focus on some tougher shots like BIF moving toward or away at oblique angles (straight on, especially accelerating birds are still a problem, although most of the time it's still operator error for these tough shots). My percentage of keepers overall has marginally improved, and I am going after tougher shots.

Canon 7d

Canon 7d

Canon 7d

Canon 7d

Canon 7d

Canon 7d

Canon 7d

Canon 7d

Canon 7d

No comments:

Post a Comment