Sunday 30 December 2012

Leica M9

Leica M9

Though the differences from its predecessor are extremely minor, something compelled me to review the Leica M9-P(or M9P, M-9P as the interwebs call it). Perhaps it’s the recent reawakened love of street photography from inspirations like Eric Kim or my co-worker Brian who runs La Pura Vida. Either way though, the timeless classic ended up in my hands. I’ve previously reviewed the Leica M9 and the Leica M7: both of which I felt were excellent image capturing devices. However, I’m a slightly older, much more experienced photographer than I was before. Is the M9-P a work of art or is it just an expensive doorstop? The Leica M9-P is best held with the strap wrapped around your wrist or with the strap slung around your torso. This way the camera is secure and can quickly be brought up to your eye for easier and faster focusing. And trust me, you’ll need it since this camera manually focuses. The top of the camera is characterized by a simple layout. You’ve got the shutter speed dial, the shutter release, an on/off switch which is also the drive mode, and a hot shoe. Plus, you now have the spiffy Leica logo engraved up top. This will remind Leica veterans of the older cameras.

Leica M9

Leica M9

Leica M9

Leica M9

Leica M9

Leica M9

Leica M9

Leica M9

Leica M9

No comments:

Post a Comment