Monday 17 December 2012

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp

Deeply inhaling the crisp fall air and watching the gold autumnal light vividly stirs childhood remembrances of raking leaves and picking apples with my family. My mouth starts watering at the thought of my mother’s warm apple crisp. There’s nothing like walking into a welcoming house filled with the scent of baking apples and cinnamon. I have several toothsome apple crisp recipes, including the one from my mother, but this one below is my fave. It comes from my good friend Chelsea Mauldin, who, just like this crisp, is dependable, comforting, and a true classic. I say the crisp is dependable because it always turns out tasty (this is a very forgiving recipe). The silky cream paired with the satisfying crisp makes it comforting, and the pure apple-and-oat flavor makes it a classic—no bells, no whistles, no hard-to-find ingredients here.Instead of serving this recipe out of a 9 x 13 pan or dish, I like to dress it up…make it a little fancy. I layer the crisp with whipped cream in a parfait glass. This presentation makes an elegant addition to any dessert buffet. If you don’t already own sundae or parfait glasses, basic ones like these available from The Web Restaurant Store are somewhat inexpensive at just over $3 a glass.

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment