Sunday 16 December 2012

Bread Pudding

Bread Pudding

My love affair with bread pudding began in New Orleans. Though my Yankee-born mom makes a company-worthy peach-studded bread pudding, and I once spent a summer at a Manhattan gourmet shop dishing out a mean Mexican chocolate version, it wasn't until I had my first bite of the comforting dessert down in the Crescent City that my devotion blossomed. It was 2006, and the legendary Commander's Palace was just springing back to life after a painstaking post-Katrina renovation. Their bread pudding soufflĂ©, whiskey-tinged and ethereal, was cause to rejoice. I've since made many a pilgrimage back to New Orleans, and each time I go I can't wait to try a new bread pudding (or three). it wasn't until I had my first bite of the comforting dessert down in the Crescent City that my devotion blossomed. Variations abound, simple and fancy, traditional and newfangled. While it's hard to gauge how many menus offer it up, it's safe to say you'd have an easier time counting Mardi Gras beads on Bourbon Street.

Bread Pudding


Bread Pudding

Bread Pudding

Bread Pudding

Bread Pudding

Bread Pudding

Bread Pudding

Bread Pudding

Bread Pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment