Saturday 15 December 2012

Breakfast Casserole

Breakfast Casserole

Eric and I are always arguing about the lights in our house. (It has nothing to do with the electricity bill, which is what my parents were always yelling at me about.) I like to be able to see what I’m doing. Eric likes ambiance, which means lamplight only. This is great if you have lots of lamps. Bring on the ambiance, I say, if you have enough lamps.But we don’t. So I always get into trouble when I walk into the kitchen and flip the lights on (tosee what I’m doing) and I’m always moaning to Eric that I feel like I live in the 14th century or something. The addition of the Christmas tree has decreased contention in our home considerably. Eric loves the extra ambiance. I love Christmas. (It makes me feel more goodwill toward men, i.e., less likely to complain about living in a cave.) It’s a win-win. I think the moral of the story here is that Christmas solves all problems. Let me introduce you to my favorite breakfast casserole of all time. I used to think that I liked most breakfast casseroles, and that they are kind of hard to mess up. Wrong. I’ve tried quite a few ones over the past couple years and they were all failures. But this one is a gem. It hasn’t got any surprises in it, just your basic potatoes-eggs-ham. Perfect. Plus you can do it overnight, so this is a golden recipe for the non-morning person who hates strata (like me.) This is a great recipe for Christmas morning.

Breakfast Casserole



Breakfast Casserole

Breakfast Casserole

Breakfast Casserole

Breakfast Casserole

Breakfast Casserole

Breakfast Casserole

Breakfast Casserole

Breakfast Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment