Thursday 20 December 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

Chicken Enchiladas

A fun twist on a Mexican favorite! Summer zucchini hollowed out and stuffed with shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, cheese and scallions. Serve this with cilantro lime rice and you'll have yourself a fiesta! A few weeks ago I posted Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats and they were such a hit I've been thinking up new stuffing ideas, when it hit me... naked enchiladas f you've been following my blog for a while, you probably know how much I LOVE enchiladas. In the past I have posted recipes for Skinny Chicken Enchiladas, Cheesy Zucchini Enchiladas, Turkey Black Bean Enchiladas, and Creamy Chicken White Bean Enchiladas with Salsa Verde. This idea is the perfect way to use up leftover chicken, plus it's perfect for low-carb and gluten-free diets - and yes, yellow squash would also work well. A few notes: I usually have shredded chicken breast on hand, I like to throw a package of chicken breasts in the crock pot to use for recipes throughout the week, you canclick here for the method. I love making my own enchilada sauce (nothing beats homemade), but to speed this up you can of course use jarred. And finally, I like to blanch the zucchini first so that it bakes quicker, but if that seems like too much work, just bake it an additional 10 minutes and it should be fine.

Chicken Enchiladas


Chicken Enchiladas

Chicken Enchiladas

Chicken Enchiladas

Chicken Enchiladas

Chicken Enchiladas

Chicken Enchiladas

Chicken Enchiladas

Chicken Enchiladas

No comments:

Post a Comment