Monday 17 December 2012

Coleslaw Recipe

Coleslaw Recipe

There are only a few things that I’m a snob about. My feeling is that if something is good, it’s good. It can be a greasy bucket of fries or a bowl of hummus. I don’t mind simple as long as it’s prepared well. But the one thing I can say I’m genuinely picky about is coleslaw. You see, I grew up on Kosher deli foods. At least a couple days a week, after picking me up from school, my mom would drive us to the local delicatessen, where we’d pick up turkey sandwiches topped with coleslaw and Russian dressing. It was a big, gloppy mess, but one that was oh so very delicious.As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Eric and I held a winter BBQ at our apartment. We were inspired tomake lobster rolls from a class that we took at Barbara Lynch’s Stir… and this coleslaw recipe came from the same course. When we were first given a taste of it at Stir, I put my fork down after my first bite, turned to Eric and proclaimed this to be the best coleslaw I’ve ever consumed. And I stand by that declaration, especially after having made it myself. Please promise me something: Do not wait for 80 degree weather to make this coleslaw. There’s a reason I’m telling you all about it now, in the middle of February, with big piles of snow still lingering on the sidewalks. Because this coleslaw is perfection… what I like to call “Crack” (because it’s addictive and you will NOT be able to stop eating it). There are plenty of holidays coming up: President’s Day (Feb 20th), St. Patrick’s Day (Mar. 17th). Not that you need a reason to make it. But if you do, there you go.

Coleslaw Recipe

Coleslaw Recipe

Coleslaw Recipe

Coleslaw Recipe

Coleslaw Recipe

Coleslaw Recipe

Coleslaw Recipe

Coleslaw Recipe

Coleslaw Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment