Sunday 9 December 2012

Shop Vacuum

Shop Vacuum

I grew up in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  During that time, my family owned a flooring business.  We traveled to clients' homes to clean wall-to-wall carpeting and we sold new carpeting in our shop.  During the early 1960's, my father decided to complement the business by selling and servicing vacuum cleaners.  As a result, he became a Hoover Dealer.  I was always intrigued by tools and machines.   I spent at lot of time with my father, watching him repair used, misused, and abused vacuums. He would assemble and test new models for some lucky customer who would purchase the latest Hoover for their home. To insure that business would "pick up", he started servicing all makes and models of vacuums.  My interest in cleaners grew as I began to see their tremendous diversity in design and features. He would assemble and test new models for some lucky customer who would purchase the latest Hoover for their home. As time passed, my father showed me how to dismantle, test, repair, and reassemble the machines.  

Shop Vacuum

Shop Vacuum

Shop Vacuum

Shop Vacuum

Shop Vacuum

Shop Vacuum

Shop Vacuum

Shop Vacuum

Shop Vacuum

No comments:

Post a Comment