Saturday 15 December 2012

Shrimp Scampi

Shrimp Scampi

Though a tad ashamed to admit it, I didn't even try shrimp until my 20's when my boyfriend, now husband, introduce me to it. I was a country girl from Alabama, and he was a city boy from Los Angeles. My tastebuds were about to undergo a monumental shift. My current love of all types of food can be traced back to this time of discovery, and I'm so happy it happened or I wouldn't know the joy of shrimp scampi. This dish is so very easy to make, tastes delicious, and takes less than 30 minutes. It's a great summertime meal. I serve it with linguini when I want something a bit more substantial and it is fabulous. My recipe comes from the Joy of Cookingcookbook. Ingredients (Serves 4) 1 1/2 to 2lbs of extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined 1/2 cup extra virgen olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic plus 1tsp more for adding at the end of cooking period 1/4 cup fresh minced parsley plus a little more for finishing 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice 1/2lb of linguini Cook linguini according to package directions. Rinse and pat dry the shrimp.

Shrimp Scampi



Shrimp Scampi

Shrimp Scampi

Shrimp Scampi

Shrimp Scampi

Shrimp Scampi

Shrimp Scampi

Shrimp Scampi

Shrimp Scampi

No comments:

Post a Comment