Thursday 20 December 2012

Tofu Recipes

Tofu Recipes

My husband and I ate a lot of tofu while my daughter was away at university, but now that she's home, we have less of it because it's not something she's really keen on eating. I made a tofu dish for my son the other day and he commented that I had bought the etra firm, rather than the medium firm which he prefers. It occurs to me that my daughter doesn't like tofu because of the texture. Finding the right level of firmness might be the key to success. You can't really dislike tofu based on taste, because it reallly doesn't have much taste, and that is one of it's virtues. It happily soaks up all the flavours of the sauce that you pair it with, be it an asian sauce or a salsa. If you want to intoduce your kids to tofu, I can tell you that my kids devoured this ginger garlic tofu, which I think is a excellent kid recipe. However this hoisin mustard tofu, which is a bit sweeter is also a wonderful recipe. You can also put the sauce over noodles or vegetables if you like. This coconut tofu curry is not only a great way to get your kids to eat tofu, but it's also a wonderful recipe to introoduce them to Indian flavours if they haven't tried it before. This is a very mild curry with lots of flavour and is included in the family cookbook Time for Dinner. The recipe makes quite a lot of sauce, which is wonderful over rice.

Tofu Recipes

Tofu Recipes

Tofu Recipes

Tofu Recipes

Tofu Recipes

Tofu Recipes

Tofu Recipes

Tofu Recipes

Tofu Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment