Thursday 27 December 2012

Mpix

Mpix

Dale here! Now that senior season is kicking off, I thought I’d seek out an amazing senior (and all-around) photographer, and MpixPro customer. So, I found one! Khara Plicanic, MpixPro customer and owner of Kabloom Studios in Lincoln, Nebraska, let me ask her a few questions about the senior market, which she totally rocks. Why seniors? Seniors are fun because of the freedom to experiment without the pressure and time constraints of other types of shoots. Of course, it also helps that somehow… my clients are all drop dead gorgeous, trendy, and tend to be mostly female… so there’s always an abundance of fun clothes and accessories to work with. I often wonder what it is that’s in the water (or should I say, the Starbucks) they drink!? When I think back to my own senior photos, it makes me laugh! I must’ve looked like I was still in elementary school compared to the gorgeous gals I get to work with! How do you stay relevant to the senior audience? I’m always reinventing the portrait experience and what comes with it. From proof books, to prints or albums… I’m always changing it up, and every year has been different so far. For me, that’s part of the fun. During the infamously misnamed ‘off season,’ I daydream about what I want my sessions to look like for the next year, and after fretting about the risk, I commit and do it. It just keeps getting better and better!

Mpix

Mpix

Mpix

Mpix

Mpix

Mpix

Mpix

Mpix

Mpix

No comments:

Post a Comment